1. Establishment of routine meetings with Dr. Curry and the entire Calvert County Public School (CCPS) Administrative Staff three (3) times/year.
2. Ongoing meetings with CCPS Human Resources Department to increase the hiring of minority teachers.
3. Active participation in the CCPS Teacher Recruitment Fair.
4. Community Forums -
a. People's Community Forum- June, 2013
b. Board of Education (BOE) Candidate Forum - October, 2014
c. BOE Candidate Forum - October, 2016
d. BOE Candidate Forum - A Conversation with Pam Cousins and Bill
Phalen - October 4, 2018
5. Increased community awareness of Internet Essentials program and PC Donation Project.
6. Support to NAACP via the initiation and publication of an open letter regarding the findings of nooses, swastikas, and KKK emblems in our community.
7. Input regarding the need for implementing an online job application process
8. Members of Closing the Gap Coalition participated in the selection process of our current superintendent.
9. Input regarding the need for a general CCPS Job Fair on an annual basis.
- This job fair is now held twice/year.
10. We have attracted new and diverse members to the Coalition
11. Have identified our four key areas of focus.
- Recruitment, hiring, and retention of a diverse workforce
- Special Education
- School Discipline
- Curriculum and Academic Issues
12. Supported the Teachers' Union step increase.
13. Input into the writing of the Equity Policy for CCPS.
14. Provided Diversity Training for CCPS teachers.
15. We held four (4) Board of Education Virtual Town Hall Meetings to meet the BOE candidates, in October 2020
16. In partnership with the Calvert Branch NAACP, applied for the Coretta Scott King African American Book Donation Program, February, 2022.
16. Critical Race Theory Informational Webinar, March 3, 2022
17. In partnership with the Outreach Program of the Calvert Health Department, CTG distributed approximately 2,180 flyers and door hangers to advertise the Lawyer in the Library event at Calvert Library held on March 24, 2022.